Friday 14 September 2012

Chatterbox Challenge 2013


Some of you may be aware of the children's communication charity I Can. This is a charity I hold close to my heart as my own daughter has speech and language difficulties.

I received an email this morning from them regarding next years Chatterbox Challenge.  2013 is set to be ther year of the Mad Chatter's Tea Party with Humf! 

Launching in September 2012, I CAN is inviting hundreds of thousands of little Chatterboxes to take part in its annual fun and educational event for nurseries, pre-schools, childminding and community groups for children aged 0-5. Now in its 12th year, this year’s Chatterbox Challenge: Mad Chatters Tea Party with Humf asks groups to organise tea parties where children perform songs and rhymes to develop their communication skills in a simple and fun way.

Children will be encouraged to sing songs and rhymes around a tea-time theme for this year’s Chatterbox Challenge with Humf, the furry little character from the popular pre-school TV series currently airing on Nick Jr. The aim of the challenge is for groups across the country to organise a tea party event at their nursery, playgroup or preschool, where children perform songs and rhymes which helps children develop their communication skills.

Additionally, these events will raise valuable funds and awareness for I CAN’s work with children who struggle with speech, language and communication as friends and family are encouraged to sponsor children for their Chatterbox Challenge performance.

When

Chatterbox Challenge week is 1st – 8th March 2013. Most groups will be holding their Challenge during this week, but can also do it any time throughout the year.

Who

Children at nurseries, pre-schools, childminding groups and community groups across the UK will be taking part in this annual fun, educational and fundraising event.

I CAN speech and language therapists and teachers have developed the singing and rhyming activities for this year’s Mad Chatter’s Tea Party Challenge with Humf. The lesson plans for Chatterbox Challenge, which include Humf and his friends in the activities and illustrations, link to key aspects of the new Early Years Foundation Stage including Communication and Language, Physical Development, and Personal, Social and Emotional Development.

All the activities help support and develop children’s speech and language skills, whilst raising awareness and funds for those children who struggle with talking and understanding.
Thanks to Openreach, more of the money raised goes to support children who struggle with their speech and language.

To register and get involved in this year’s Chatterbox Challenge Mad Chatter’s Tea Party with Humf, go to www.chatterboxchallenge.org.uk

While I do like Humf, the Disney-lover in me will be basing my setting's tea party around Alice in Wonderland and I hope to hold a Mad Chatters Tea Party in March 2013.  Who knows,  we might even make it fancy dress. I might even dress up as Alice herself!  Hats will definitely be a must!

The creative side of me is already thinking of  theming... Alice in Wonderland cupcakes and drinks in little bottles!  I love this Mad Hatter's Tea party that the children took part in at the Monica Ros School in California.  So pretty.  I don't think it'll be warm enough to have our tea party outside next March.  However, saying that, this March was really warm wasn't it?  Maybe there's hope yet!

 
And how amazing are these cakes??
 
 
I think I have found a theme for my Daughter's 3rd birthday next April.  She loves the film at the moment so I think these cakes will be a must for her party.
 
Right, I'm off to download my fundraising pack!  I hope to invite some other childminders in the area to join us, so please let me know if you would like to come.  It's quite far off so will send out invites nearer the time :-)

2 comments:

Cheeky Monkeys Childminding on 14 September 2012 at 11:02 said...

Wish we were closer as we would love to come and join you x

Anonymous said...

Yes please :) this sounds great x Lylahs Childminding

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Oakley Childcare Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting