Monday 3 December 2012

Mincemeat Swirls

I decided to do a chistmassy take on my strawberry swirls and cheese and tomato pin wheels today.

The children all washed their hands and gathered around the table in the kitchen and I carefully unrolled a packet of ready rolled puff pastry, leaving it on the blue sheet.

 
The children counted the spoons and all took one each.  Then we all took a big spoonful of mincemeat and dolloped it on to the pastry.
 
 
We spread it all over the pastry...

 
Unfortunatley our fingers got so sticky that I didn't take any more photos, but using the blue sheet, I carefully rolled the pastry back up into a sausage and placed it in the fridge for 20 minutes while we all went off to wash our sticky hands.
 
When it had cooled, I took it out of the fridge and cut it into slices about 2cm in thickness.  The children helped using a pampered chef safety knife.
 
I then laid them flat on a baking sheet and baked for 25 minutes at 180C.
 
They came out the oven and cooled on an airing rack before being plated up and sent home for the children to enjoy with their mummies and daddies.  And of course I had to try one (or three!) with a cup of tea when they had all gone home!  They were lovely!  
 
 
 
What would have made them even better would be some sprinkled icing sugar dusted across the tops, or even some icing drizzled over them.  Unfortunately I didn't have any in my cupboard.  I will have to add it to my shopping list for next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Oakley Childcare Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting